Thursday, February 16, 2017

Last night, I talked to my mom about my anxiety. This might not seem like much, but it's taken a lot to open up to her about what's going on in my head. She said she's noticed that she's noticed that I've been getting "bad," just based on the hints I'd been giving her. She has talked to my dad about me seeing a doctor, and he thinks I need to talk to my priest, outside of confession (I'm Orthodox, for those who don't know). I've talked to Father about it, and I've taken his advice and prayed about it, and it has helped. My mother thinks I need to talk to a doctor, and I agree. However, I'm hesitant. I afraid that they will have me shove my face full of pills instead of actually fixing the problem. I'm also afraid that I don't actually have a problem and it's just my hormones being shitheads, My mom said that she understands, but she thinks I still need to talk to a doctor. What do you think I should do? I need help.

2 comments:

  1. Ahem, as far as you being opposed to shoving your face full of pills, I understand. I don't like relying on medication to fix my problems. But you admit this is a lot to handle, and having something that could adjust, oh, the hormones in your brain and cause them to function properly instead of running haywire would free up your effort to go into more productive things than just barely getting through every day. Even if it is hormonal, the fact that it is so severe makes it a problem. My acne is hormonal. That is a cause, it does not affect the fact that my condition is still acne. Don't shut your options down. Stay open to the idea of medication, with enough careful consideration and trial, it is possible they could find one pill that would really help you. Obviously, never depend on medication. It is an aid to learning how to manage the anxiety, because the thing about anxiety is that it is a self-sustaining problem:as long as you have depression and anxiety, you are so debilitated by them and focused on just getting through the day that you don't have any will, time or energy to put into not being that way. Another possibility is that they could offer to provide you with cognitive behavioral therapy, which has a high success rate in re-training the brain into positive thought patterns. Also, remember you always have us and we are NEVER going to leave you alone. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, seeing a doctor is a good idea. And as far as shoving your face full of pills, if they try to do that and it makes you uncomfortable, talk to your mother again. Oh and congrats on talking to her in the first place. I know that's really difficult.

    ReplyDelete