Thursday, June 11, 2015



                    "I'm not the messiah and I can't heal a broken home but I'll give you my life and my pride                       to live through tonight."                                  - Black Veil Brides "Crown Of Thorns"


        These words were sung by Black Veil Brides, a popular metal band and one of my favorites. I read these words and smiled. I realized that these lyrics probably saved a lot of lives. BVB and many other bands such as Fall Out Boy, Sleeping With Sirens and, Bring Me The Horizon, among others have done the same thing.

         Now, I am not one of those people, but I have an undying admiration for the bands and people who can make such and impact on other's lives. Music comes in many forms, as does the message, but the way it makes people feel doesn't. The art of music is a great thing that has changed many lives including myself. Music has molded me into the person I am today. From the hymns we sing in the Orthodox Church, to the music my friends play on the piano and recorders, to the music I listen to in my free time. 

         People have different music tastes and that, sometimes, reflects in their style of dress. Now, this isn't the case for some, but for others, music and style are one in the same. For me, I just dress as comfortably while still trying to stay true to the emo-punk style I love and admire. I convinced my parents to let me put blue streaks in my hair for the summer because it fits the ascetic that is pleasing to me. 


        Thus, I end this post with some words of wisdom sung to me by My Chemical Romance: "The world is ugly, but you're beautiful to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment